- RSS Channel Showcase 4910067
- RSS Channel Showcase 7909311
- RSS Channel Showcase 9794895
- RSS Channel Showcase 3302989
Articles on this Page
- 09/18/13--15:05: _An Unlikely Win Imp...
- 10/05/13--23:16: _From Haight Ashbury...
- 04/25/14--22:19: _“Jobs”: The Canoniz...
- 05/03/14--20:53: _Who’s Zenning Who?
- 04/26/15--20:49: _The Village
- 07/17/15--02:27: _Rock ‘n’ Roll Libra...
- 03/14/16--21:38: _Trump, the Proteste...
- 04/19/16--00:22: _The Combustible Arr...
- 05/05/16--18:26: _The Arc of Trump
- 07/04/16--17:35: _He Photographs the ...
- 10/09/16--16:40: _No Lesser Evil
- 12/10/16--22:52: _Fake News, Self-Cen...
- 01/21/17--20:42: _The Royal Hunt of D...
- 02/15/17--22:10: _Has It Happened Here?
- 02/18/17--23:14: _The Art of War: How...
- 11/08/17--23:02: _The Minotaur of Hol...
- 09/18/13--15:05: An Unlikely Win Improves American Buddha’s Odds Against Penguin
- 10/05/13--23:16: From Haight Ashbury to Silk Road, I Always Miss the Fun!
- 04/25/14--22:19: “Jobs”: The Canonization of a Visionary Autocrat
- 05/03/14--20:53: Who’s Zenning Who?
- 04/26/15--20:49: The Village
- 07/17/15--02:27: Rock ‘n’ Roll Library, Rest in Peace
- 03/14/16--21:38: Trump, the Protesters, and Public Forum Law
- 04/19/16--00:22: The Combustible Arrogance of Hillary Clinton
- 05/05/16--18:26: The Arc of Trump
- 07/04/16--17:35: He Photographs the Fashionable
- 10/09/16--16:40: No Lesser Evil
- 12/10/16--22:52: Fake News, Self-Censorship and the Three Stupid Monkeys
- 01/21/17--20:42: The Royal Hunt of Donald the Terrible
- 02/15/17--22:10: Has It Happened Here?
- 02/18/17--23:14: The Art of War: How Will Team Trump Fare on the Field of Battle?
- 11/08/17--23:02: The Minotaur of Hollywood, A Harvey Weinstein Production
by Charles Carreon September 18, 2013 A One-Percent Chance Comes In For American Buddha Motions to transfer venue are some of the least-often granted motions in the Federal system — ninety-nine percent (99%) of these motion are denied. Nonetheless, my client American Buddha, through the good offices of local counsel in Portland, just won its motion to transfer venue from […]
by Charles Carreon October 6, 2013 I got to Haight Ashbury in 1968. The Summer of Love was 1967. I couldn’t help it. I rushed. I was only twelve when I ran away, but run I did, to where the sign flashing “LSD” could be seen, irrigating the brains of a new generation that had no need of footwear. The […]
by Charles Carreon April 25, 2014 I don’t know who Steve Jobs really was, because he is so wrapped in myth and lore and legend that his true identity is as undiscoverable as my own, hidden beneath a mass of casual obloquy. I have no desire to concretize my view of him at all, because he was who he was, […]
Another View on Whether Susan Blackmore’s Sermon on the Way of Robotic Consciousness Was Worth Spending A Beautiful Morning Indoors With A Band of Aging Atheists One Day in Late April in Tucson, Arizona, 2014 by Charles Carreon May 3, 2014 Sunday With the Atheists Last weekend, Sunday morning, in search of fun atheists, Tara and I went to the […]
by Charles Carreon 04/26/15 Ron was not happy. Not happy at all. He was staring at the hole in his dashboard, and he just could not believe it. The windows weren’t broken, the doors were still locked the way he’d left them before he started his shift. It was broad daylight. Out loud he breathed the words, “Where’s my fucking […]
by Charles Carreon July 17, 2015 If you’re reading this, the American Buddha Online Library is down, and you are one of the thousands of people today who are wondering where it went. Its disappearance is in large part my fault. I incorporated the American Buddha nonprofit corporation and served as ABOL’s lawyer for fifteen years, and helped it keep […]
by Charles Carreon March 15, 2016 Oregon v. Huberty In around 1998, I represented a retired airman named Don Huberty in People v. State of Oregon v. Huberty against a charge of Second Degree Trespass in probably the longest trespass trial in Josephine County history: three days. It took so long because Don’s defense against his refusal to leave the County […]
by Charles Carreon 4/19/16 One thing the Clinton machine does not claim to be is pretty. They make no pretense — people, individual voters, do not matter. Delegates matter. Math will decide the outcome — math that has nothing to do with the popular vote. Victory is assured and they don’t mind letting you know. In an ordinary year, with […]
by Charles Carreon May 5, 2016 Sometimes you can tell you’re dreaming, because you notice that something you are seeing, or something you are doing, is impossible. The Tibetans teach you to stimulate this kind of observation by asking yourself, while wide awake, “Am I dreaming?” They say you develop the habit, and it creeps into your dreams, and then […]
He Photographs the Fashionable by Nick Mueller In baby blue smock that yields just at the waist he pumps merrily and fearlessly at the bicycle pedals through seasons and traffic and decades. If I could stride so baby blue and youthful, then I would be more surprised at oncoming oddities, more open to them, perhaps. Wouldn’t you? […]
by Charles Carreon October 9, 2016 Good afternoon, evening, morning or whatever time it is for you, this is LofiNikita, signing on for the first time in a long time, because we have news, real news, for the first time in a long time. John Podesta’s emails were hacked, according to the Obama Securitat, by an official Russian government hacker, […]
“See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.” This formulation was first declared to me by some peer at the age of three or four – a veritable wise man he seemed to me – revealing the meaning of the mysterious three-monkey tableux so often encountered among the knick knacks adults accumulated in those days. It was a big […]
by Charles Carreon January 21, 2017 Washington loves nothing so much as a hunt, and the hunt started by the CIA, that set CNN and the rest of the press to croaking like a swamp full of bullfrogs, has been a Royal Hunt, indeed. Built of purest innuendo, the “intelligence dossier” that gave room for full-bore accusations of treason against […]
by Charles Carreon February 15, 2017 Each Night & Day I Pray for the Fall of the U.S.A. [Trump] SWAMP … TOO BIG. TRUMPTHOR DESTROY EVERYTHING! — by Tara Carreon The nation’s self-image has suffered a blow from which it will never recover – the President’s weird hair flip is the new logo for “USA” on every TV in the […]
by Charles Carreon February 18, 2017 Sun Tzu, author of the Chinese strategy classic, The Art of War, observed that if you take a proper accounting of the strengths and weaknesses of an army, you can forecast how it will fare in armed conflict. Five factors must be assessed to determine which army will win an armed engagement: philosophy, climate, […]
(Dedicated to Los Angeles, that Loved Harvey Weinstein, Until it Didn’t) by Charles Carreon November 8, 2017 Way down in Los Angeles, That city by the sea There was a mighty industry That everybody thought was sweet. They called it entertainment, Vaudeville, they made silent pictures, Publicity stills. They had talent agents, talent scouts; they made the country laugh and […]